Update 05/07/2012

Removal/Editing of copyrighted video's

As I've already quickly touched upon on the channel feed, I've taken the decision to remove copyrighted material, since we're trying to establish ourselves as a gaming channel on you tube. This decision hasn't come lightly. Many of those videos took over a week to complete, and are some of our most viewed videos. Video's I could save, such as golvellius, and the Race Driver Grid video, I had to edit when the copyright crap first came up, Have just had the intro/outro chopped off. However, Assassins Creed, and Road Rash 64, have had to be removed entirely (or at least made private). I feel this will be beneficial in the end for the channel, as if the day ever came that you tube offer us partnership, we won't have that going against us. I know that's a very long way off, and a lot of work needs to be done before achieving this, especially since it's so incredibly hard to even get noticed by the community, with so many other far more established channels out there.

Driver San Francisco 

This review is now coming along nicely since the last post, I have many hours of game play footage, and the scripts first draft is almost complete. It's definitely on track to be up by the weekend, so stay posted for this


Onion Play's

I've not released one of these for a few weeks. I removed the GTA 4 one. It was more of a test of my PVR, and also, you could barely hear my voice, as I didn't play it back before I uploaded it, I may be doing one later this week, of what, though. I'm not sure yet. I may redo the GTA one.


Grumpy Old Man's Guide To Gaming In A Recession. 

Having been discussing a lot of things with the new reviewer, I mentioned in a previous post, I'm pleased to announce a new segment. I'm sure many of us are feeling the credit crunch/recession, and had a major impact, perhaps you've taken less hours, or like me, out of work entirely, and can't afford to go throwing all your money at the latest release, in the hopes it's good and will help kill some of that spare time. Well fear not, there's another way. How these are going to work, is he's going to be comparing budget/cheap games. We discussed,a lot of details, but we'll be looking at games that cost no more than £5, or essentially 2 pints of beer.. A lot of these will be older titles, for PS1, PS2. Xbox. Gamecube, etc. Of course, anything we can find on the newer systems, for that price he'll also cover. In each video, he'll be comparing 3 similar games and deciding which is the best, and if you should buy any of them, or if you'd get far more from 2 pints of beer.

Top 20 PS1 Games 

The script for this is now complete, I however have one or two tiny issues, mostly relating to acquiring all the games for game play footage. I obviously no longer own most of the games on this countdown, I wish I did they're all excellent games. But we're operating on a very tiny budget, preferably no budget at all if we can help it. My first thought was to turn to an emulator. But PS1 certain games just don't work on emulators, or are a massive hassle to get working. While some games only cost a few pounds, others are pretty expensive, I would like to go in to specifics, but that will be giving too much away. So this video may have to be put back further than I would have liked. I also don't like using emulators if I can avoid it, as they tend to show the game in a better light than it really is. I've always been very adamant, I'll never make a game look better than it does. Some people will add effects, and such when editing to make the game look more colourful or whatever. I'm not here to sell the game, I'm here to criticize if it sucks, or praise it if its good. I may just have to  acquire each game on the countdown slowly

Sega Classics Collection

This may be the next review, it may be the one after it, who knows just yet. But I almost creamed my self when I saw this, and at the price I saw it at,I immediately bought it with out delay. If someone would have told me about this, I would have given them a blank cheque and told them to write any amount down because it will be worth it! It has Some of my favourite Sega games re-imagined, on my second favourite video game console, I loved this before I ever played it... err.. yeah.... This is why channels like us are here.


That's all for now. I'll make another one of these when I have something to share


-Onion












.

No comments:

Post a Comment